Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Never assume you can make it alone

I love to help others.  It makes me feel great.  I never look at it as those people are needy or annoying or lazy.  So why is it so hard for me to accept help from others without feeling like Im needy, annoying, or lazy?

In the LDS monthly magazine, The Ensign from May 2004 Gordon B. Hinckley said:  "Never assume that you can make it alone.  You need the help of the Lord.  Never hesitate to get on your knees in some private place and speak with Him."

I loved this quote because it also applies to those around us too.  No matter what your situation is we all need help at some point or another.  We should be lifting others up and helping them when they need help because that is the right thing to do.  It may be something simple by getting their mail and walking it to their door, making them a meal, shoveling a driveway, simply asking how their day is and really care and listen to them.  There are so many ways we can serve those around us but its also important to allow others to serve us.  It can be hard but when we serve others we feel good so why would we want to deny someone else the good feelings of serving others?  This is something I will have to work on because I am the suffer alone and then paint on a perfect smile in public so that I appear to have it all together when in reality I want to sit in my closet with chocolate, no bra, messy hair, and the lights off in silence and cry because that for some reason helps.  CRAZY?!?!?!?!?!  I know.  Instead if I just allowed someone to see me cry and listen to me or allow someone to help me with my kids then maybe I wouldnt have to resort to such crazy insane ways of coping alone.  I need to make my prayers more meaningful and ask for specific things so that Heavenly Father knows what I need and can bless me with someone or something that will help.

I am not alone!  Neither are you!  Lets all try to serve those around us in one way or another and allow others to serve us.  What a better place this world would be if we all did one act of service each day for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment